Job title: Programme Coordinator for the Arkhangelsk region and the Nenets Autonomous District
Type of employment: full-time
Job location: the city of Arkhangelsk
Type of work: office work, work trips (up to 50 flights a year)
Employer: Autonomous non-commercial organization “Center for Arctic Project Development” located in Murmansk, acting as a host organization for the Russian Branch Office.
Deadline for applications: 2nd of April 2018
The application shall be submitted in electronic format to the Russian Branch Office of the Kolarctic Programme 2014-2020: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kolarctic Programme is looking for a Programme Coordinator in the Arkhangelsk region and Nenets Autonomous District for a reserve list.
Interested applicants have to submit a curriculum vitae (CV), a motivation letter (1 A4 page max.) in English and official proof of education and language skills (copies only). After receiving the applications, the short-listed applicants will be invited to the interview. The job interview will be held in English. The selection committee will be represented by the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Arkhangelsk Regional Government, Managing Authority of the Kolarctic Programme 2014-2020, Russian Branch Office.
The selected candidate will be employed on a contractual basis with a trial period (with option of renewing the contract).
Main tasks of the Programme Coordinator:
The overall tasks of the Programme Coordinator are related to information activities for potential applicants mainly on the Russian side of the Programme region with regard to issues such as applying for a grant, supporting on-going projects during its implementation period, reporting to the main office in Murmansk and to the Managing Authority based in Rovaniemi, Finland; other supporting activities for the Managing Authority and the Russian Branch Office in the Programme area:
- to perform with due diligence the functions of coordinator of the CBC Kolarctic Programme 2014-2020 in Arkhangelsk Region and Nenets Autonomous Okrug;
- to organize the operation of the representation office in Arkhangelsk;
- to assist the main office based in Murmansk in its operational work;
- to arrange meetings, seminars, training sessions, and conferences, including those with participation of international delegations and representatives in Arkhangelsk Region and Nenets Autonomous Okrug;
- to provide consultations with potential applicants (office consultations at the Arkhangelsk office, on-spot consultations in Naryan-Mar; consultations via emails/phone calls);
- to timely perform translation of publications from the website of the CBC Kolarctic Programme 2014-2020 kolarctic.info from English into Russian and from Russian into English;
- to provide good quality consulting of applicants in respect of submission of applications to the CBC Kolarctic Programme 2014-2020; however, direct participation in development of project applications is not allowed;
- to timely forward to the Employer press-releases about results of meetings, training sessions, and conferences including those with participation of international delegations and representatives;
- to ensure work for arrangement of meetings of the Joint Monitoring Committee, Regional Assessment Groups, Secretariat of the Programme CBC Kolarctic 2014-2020 in Arkhangelsk Region and Nenets Autonomous Okrug.
Qualification and skills required:
The Programme Coordinator shall have a higher university degree or equivalent. He/She must have good organizational and communicational skills and be able to work individually and be a team player. He/She must be able to show initiative, strong work attitude and be problem-solving oriented. He/She shall be fully fluent in Russian and English (spoken and written); Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian language skills are a good asset. General knowledge of budget planning and accounting skills are also considered as an asset.
Ability to travel is a necessity.
General professional experience:
The Programme Coordinator shall have at least 5 years of professional experience. He/She must have an extensive working experience of international project development and management. He/She must have experience in working with local/regional authorities as well as with civil society organizations.
General professional experience:
The Programme Coordinator must be well familiar with the regional area and aware of the Russia regional strategies. Previous working experience with EU funded projects or programmes (preferable with TACIS, Interreg, ENPI), as well as understanding of the rules and reporting requirements of the programmes would be a strong advantage.
Head of the Russian Branch Office
Ms. Julia Korshunova
Programme’s Branch Office in Murmansk, Russia