International seminar on circular economy and waste management related project results in the north
Time: Thursday 26th January 2023
Place: Lapland Hotel, Oulu, Finland
9.30 Registration and coffee
10.00 Opening of the event
10.15 Framing Circular Economy and CityLoops as an example, Raimo Lilja, D.Sc. (Tech.), Circular Economy expert, Mikkeli Development Company Miksei Ltd, Finland
11.00 What have we recycled, upcycled and downcycled?
Results of circular economy and waste management related projects of the Arctic cooperation programmes
13.00 Meet your favorites!
Get up-close to different kind of projects from re-using concrete to trash art and waste management in rural villages
- WasteLess Karelias: addressing the problem of littering and insufficient waste management facilities in rural villages
- SUSWAM: sustainable waste management in Karelia and Kainuu
- GRUDE: collecting, refining and sharing knowledge about green economy and resource efficiency
- De-Concrete: re-using concrete
- SYMBIOMA: business possibilities for industries and especially SME:s in circular economy
15.00 Future of the circular economy in the arctic
Panel discussion on future needs and opportunities
Panel moderator: Raimo Lilja, D.Sc. (Tech.), Circular Economy expert, Mikkeli Development Company Miksei Ltd, Finland
- Outi Laatikainen, Senior R & D Expert, Kajaani University of Applied Sciences
- Katri Luoma-aho, Project Manager, BusinessOulu
- Kalle Pakalén, Project Desk Office, Interreg Northern Periphery and Arctic Programme
- Kairi Pääsuke, Programme Officer, Interreg Aurora
16.00 Closing words
The seminar is organised by Karelia and Kolarctic cross-border cooperation programmes that are funded by the European Union. The objective of the event is to bring together the projects and people interested in circular economy and waste management and to show what the related projects have accomplished as well as to talk about the future needs and opportunities.
Kindly sign to the event here by the 19th January 2023.
On the previous day, 25th January, a seminar on Forests in the Arctic is organised. You can find more information here.
As a side event Arctic Awards ceremony takes place on 25th January in the evening. You can find more information here.