The purpose of the project DIT4BEARS is to develop innovative technologies in transport and communication systems and to distribute them through a Living Laboratory in Disruptive Information Technologies (Living Lab DIT4BEARs). As soon as the project includes partners from Finland, Norway, Russia and Sweden with their specific core expertise, several use cases led by project partners from each participating country will be implemented within the project. Each use case will utilize Disruptive Information Technologies for solving particular problems in the Barents Euro-Arctic region:
• SmartID: development of identity management system on the basis of blockchain technologies;
• SmartWaste: development of citizen-centric platform for running municipal services (such as waste management);
• SmartRoad: use of disruptive technologies for winter road maintenance in the Kolarctic region;
• ConnectedDeer: development of digital platform inspired by Internet of Things to ensure the safety of reindeers on roads.
The project will also run activities related to monitoring of the best practices, trainings and business cooperation, consulting and advisory services, as well as technical assistance for development of Disruptive Information Technologies (DIT), development of guidelines, self-assessment tools and other methodological materials. The Living Lab DIT4BEARs created during the project will be also used after project’s termination as a platform for further research in DIT.
Lead partner: Luleå University of Technology, Luleå
* Saint Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics (ITMO University), Saint-Petersburg, Russia
* Northern (Arctic) Federal University, Arkhangelsk, Russia
* RUSSOFT Association, Saint-Petersburg, Russia
* Lapland University of Applied Sciences, Rovaniemi, Finland
* UiT, The Arctic University of Norway, Narvik, Norway
Type of the project: Standard Projects